Wednesday, February 24, 2010

gasp! me? an optimist?

Can't explain it. But I just feel good about this. With my last pregnancy/mc, I felt the constant nerves, like I was on eggshells 24/7, just feeling...something wasn't right. Maybe when you've gone through this process a couple of times before, you just become more "comfortable" with it? For all I know - this can end tragically again, but I just feel...at ease this time around. I am optimistic. No eggshells.

I'm about 5 1/2 weeks today. Tomorrow is my 3rd and final beta draw before the 1st u/s next week. As for symptoms...maybe I'm still too early? I'm just not obsessing about it as much this time around. Because, I just have a good feeling about it symptoms or no symptoms. Sore, bigger ta-ta's and mild cramps. That's just about it. I do find myself falling asleep on the couch watching TV but I'm not thaaat exhausted where I'm knocked out as soon as I sit. I do feel very mild queasiness during the day. It comes in waves - like every 30 seconds. They last about 10 seconds but not like I want to vomit. I just feel a wee bit gross for a very short period of time but not terrible. And then it goes away and comes back again like 30 seconds later. Is that normal? I've just been shrugging them off as signs of hunger. Oh and hunger! I eat and eat and eat and cannot get full. After 1 huge meal, I turn around and am hungry again!

The biggest difference this time is how at peace I am. I'm not analyzing symptoms and non-symptoms and twisting them around negatively. I'm not consumed by bad feelings. My gut just tells me and puts me at ease. I'm laughing a lot more, I'm stressing out less, I'm not ticked off I have 7 days to count before next beta or u/s. And I couldn't be more grateful for this feeling. Because even if history does repeast itself again this time around, I'm so grateful that God has put me at ease and allowed me to enjoy the ride than tortore myself. Because whether I lose sleep and obsess vs. laughing and enjoying these waiting days, what will happen will happen. Hopefully, only better news to come....

2 comments:

  1. What a great outlook. I'm glad that you are at peace and optimistic.

    And you're right...what will happen will happen.

    Good luck with your 3rd beta! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you've found peace with this process. I still haven't managed that - I'm on edge every damn day. It can't be good for the baby. Yours is probably loving your optimism.

    It is still early for symptoms. I wrote a few freak out posts about not having any - I think i was past six weeks when they hit. And it was like day and night. But even then only nausea has been the most consistent, everything else - fatigue, breast soreness, etc will come and go.

    Can't wait to hear your next results! I still can't get over how exciting this is!!

    ReplyDelete