Friday, February 26, 2010

final beta

I think if they collected all the blood I had to give these past 16 months, I could've saved a country. Yesterday's blood drawl felt endless!

The doctor called today in the afternoon with news that made the endless blood drawl worthwhile.

hcg = 24,500
progesterone = 38.2

Numbers are right where they should be compared to last week's, doubling on track. And progesterone - we couldn't be happier!

1st u/s is set for next Friday in the afternoon. I could've set it for sooner but I want to buy as much time as I can. I'm dying to see what is inside of me right now but also want to make sure I'm far along enough to see the hb. I will be 6 weeks 5 days next Friday but I have a feeling I might be a couple days more since hcg's so high. Or there's more than 1 little pea in me, but I doubt it since I'm not feeling the full blown symptoms. Will I be happy with twins? Absolutely. Does it run in the family and skip a generation? On both sides of my mom and dad. However, I really truly will be happy with just 1 healthy baby that I can give undivided, unshared, untiring love and time to. One at a time.

My hcg is high but I'm not going to worry and think the worst. That won't change the outcome. Self-torment is unnecessary right now and I just want to trust God and his plan.

I'm hungry. Constantly. But every food that pops in my head makes me sick. The hubs and I just returned from dinner and I wanted to eat everything off the menu but when our food came out, every chew made me sick. I brought most of it back and hopefully can eat it later because I AM STILL HUNGRY! I really don't think m/s has hit me yet. Very mild and definitely not unbearable. But trust me, when it does come, I will be uncomfortable but it will be welcomed with open arms.

Have a fabulous weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So happy your numbers are increasing as they should. Can't wait to hear about the first time you see that little heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Friday seems so far away but I pray that you will have a quick and swift work week and you will be kept pre-occupied and busy until then :) Wonderful rising betas - I have a good feeling about this!!

    ReplyDelete