Friday, December 11, 2009

don't take me there...

My employer provides a Visa debit card in the beginning of each year. There is a credit of $900 we can use to pay for any medical related expenses throughout the year. It’s just an added incentive on top of the getting-shittier-each-year insurance benefits we have. I used up the entire balance for all my co-pays on blood tests (can’t even count how many of these I did!), u/s’s, d&c, genetic testing (not for The Hubs and I but of the tissue they recovered from the d&c), anesthesia, pills, pops, pokes, drills – you get the point. When you go through a m/c – there is a shitload of medical bills. Any portion I was responsible for, this Visa came in hand.

My employer’s benefits dept recently sent me a notification of request for copies of 7 of like 685 invoices I’ve seen this year, because they wanted to verify that the Visa was used for “medical purposes” and if I cannot provide the invoices, I’ll have to cough up the $900. Oh GAAAAAAAAWWWWD! I wanted to burn the document or use it to wipe my fresh ass. Really? I mean, what could I have POSSIBLY purchased at Hoag Medical Center or Newport Radiology? Do they think I purchased oh, I don’t know…a PURSE with hospital logo on it because yea, that’s really the latest trend Jennifer Aniston’s been sporting! Not only do I not have all of these 7 invoices but I wanted to know what the hell would make the brain surgeons that work for my company think these were not medical related. So I called them to let them have a piece of me. I was livid. And now that I think about it, I wasn’t livid because they were asking me to do some leg work. I was livid because they brought me back to those days 8 months ago. They made me relive my days of beta tests, surgery, recovery….. Each call I made to hospital or laboratories to ask for copies of the invoices, I was reminded of why I needed their services in the first place. And that just sucked balls.

I hate my employer. You would THINK being as big as it is, it would have a better system down in operating such a mess, but they don’t. I found out all of my coworkers who had a surgery or a cough this past year got the same notification in the mail. It’s bad enough they work us like slaves and now this!

On another note, I'm about 10 DPO and I've never felt so non-pregnant in my life! Just wonderful, isn't it? I've decided to buy a OPK if AF shows up. I'm hoping I'll only have to use it like once.

Remember my cutting in line... post? Well, the Hubs mentioned last night that his friend J and wife V have actually been trying for 8 months now. I felt terrible. I didn't know they were trying for so long and here I was, thinking Oh great, another couple about to cut in line and get pregnant right away. It's so easy for me to quickly jump to conclusions to satisfy my imagination, but every couple has their own story and pain...I should've known better.

The rain is hitting So Cal full force now. We're on "storm watch". Amazing how some rain makes headline or breaking news around here. I love the rain so I'm going to soak it all in while I can. We've had a dry spell all year so this is nice...

3 comments:

  1. I am so angry for you about your employer. There is nothing worse than insensitivity of that magnitude. How infuriating. It reminds me of when I got my bill for my "missed abortion D&C" - the envelope was stuffed with a littany of pamphlets about birth and baby classes. Cruel. And it would not take much administrative intelligence to avoid hurting us like that.

    Don't worry yet about the cycle, 10dpo is early and you wouldn't necessarily feel symptoms. I just started feeling it today and I bet I'd have NO idea if I wasn't watching out for them like a hawk.

    I find myself really having to exercise restraint when i find out one of our friends is pg. My instinct is to lash out with some trite comment about 'must be nice, everything else comes easy for X - why wouldn't this?!' Because every time i hear an announcement feels like - just like that Mrs. X is 15 weeks! It sounds so simple. But there are plenty of people for whom it's not as simple as it sounds. Despite knowing this, I have to admit that if I know in advance (or later for that matter) that they had trouble I am genuinely more happy for them than I am for people that get pg on demand.

    I'm in cali too (northern) and am also looking forward to all the rain. LOVE THE RAIN! Good luck with the rest of this cycle. Hoping AF stays away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm in So Cal too!!! I love this rain! I think its just a nice change! That totally blows about your employer! What a bunch of a-holes! I hope you don't have to pay that $900, that would be just crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. can't blv that about your employer --I would be hopping mad too - hope you can get it sorted out b/c $900 is not like pocket change! *shaking fist at your employer*

    keeping my fingers crossed on this 2WW for you

    ReplyDelete